My uncomplicated career path!

My son received his GCSE results today. It's made me think how wonderful and simple my own career path has been. Is this the case with most musicians? Although I studied conscientiously for my Gcse's and A levels, my career path was already mapped out. I wanted to do music! I'd been studying it from a young age and it never occurred to me to do anything else. I enjoyed many other subjects but they seemed more like hobbies rather than a possible career choice. I feel truly blessed that music has always been there for me and by simply enjoying my musical endeavours I have arrived at a job that I adore! I never felt I was slaving away and simply by growing as a musician I found myself with a collection of useful experiences and qualifications. I really hope some of my own students will go the same way and make the most of their intrinsic love of music x

Comments