Making the flute cool again!

When I was at school everyone wanted to play the flute! It makes the prettiest sound and is so gorgeous to look at. The flute teacher had a waiting list and I begged my parents to let me have one. I already played the violin and piano but as far as I was concerned the flute was ultimate dream. Even the case excited me and how elegant flute players looked! Now it appears the flute is losing some of its appeal. It is playing 'second fiddle' (forgive me) to the likes of the electric guitar and the drums. Of course there is a place for these instruments but surely the flute can be just as cool???

If you'd like to read more about the trends in musical instruments take a look at this article.

https://www.firsttutors.com/uk/music/blog/2016/04/top-ten-musical-instruments-2016-cost-of-music-lessons-and-some-interesting-facts/

I personally will be far too busy trying to encourage every young person to appreciate the unique, beautiful sonority of the flute and of course it's super shininess xx

Comments